Teaching Notes From EME6356: Learning & Web Analytics
I wanted a place to compile all of my slide decks as I teach EME6356: Learning & Web Analytics at Florida State University. Enjoy!
This course addresses the collection and use of data for decision making and assessment in learning and human performance contexts. Students will get hands-on experience with small data sets and will learn how big data sets are collected and used. The course will explore the role that analytics plays in education and related fields, identify the types of questions that might be answered via both quantitative and qualitative analytics, and engage in analytic- related problem solving. This course will examine case studies and provide students with practice using a variety of tools and services that can help them collect and analyze learning and web data. There are no pre-requisites, and although data will be used prior experience with statistics or research design is not necessary.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss major concepts related to analytics.
- Discuss the application of analytics to the fields of instructional systems design and performance technology.
- Apply the major concepts related to analytics to solving real world problems.
- Identify real world problems that might be addressed via analytics.
- Align problems with appropriate data sources, data collection methods, and analytic methods.
- Select the most appropriate analytic tool for a given context.
- Collect analytic data in a systematic manner.
- Analyze and interpret systematically collected analytic data.
- Develop context-appropriate reports that indicate how analytics address a particular problem.
Module 1: Introduction to Analytics
Tuesday, January 11, 2022
View the slides at https://bretsw.github.io/eme6356-ss22-module1/, or scroll through below:
Module 2: Performance Analytics
Tuesday, January 18, 2022
View the slides at https://bretsw.github.io/eme6356-ss22-module2/, or scroll through below:
Module 3: Learning Analytics
Tuesday, February 1, 2022
View the slides at https://bretsw.github.io/eme6356-ss22-module3/, or scroll through below:
Module 4: Web Analytics
Tuesday, February 15, 2022
View the slides at https://bretsw.github.io/eme6356-ss22-module4/, or scroll through below:
Module 5: Data Visualization
Tuesday, March 1, 2022
View the slides at https://bretsw.github.io/eme6356-ss22-module5/, or scroll through below:
Module 6: Ethics in Analytics
Tuesday, March 22, 2022
View the slides at https://bretsw.github.io/eme6356-ss22-module6/, or scroll through below:
Module 7: Future of Analytics
Tuesday, April 5, 2022
View the slides at https://bretsw.github.io/eme6356-ss22-module7/, or scroll through below:
Module 8: Case Discussions
Tuesday, April 19, 2022
View the slides at https://bretsw.github.io/eme6356-ss22-module8/, or scroll through below: