Teaching Notes From EDF5442: Inquiry and Measurement for Practitioners (Spring 2024)
This page compiles all of my slide decks as I teach EDF5442: Inquiry and Measurement for Practitioners at Florida State University. Enjoy!
This is a foundational course that addresses inquiry and measurement concepts at a level appropriate for Master’s students. Through this course you will learn concepts and acquire skills that will help you make data-based decisions related to learning and human performance.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Select and apply appropriate measurement methods and tools
- Locate, evaluate, and select research literature that supports inquiry related projects
- Design and implement appropriate measurement instruments for a specific purpose and audience
- Design and conduct a small-scale usability test
- Analyze, interpret data and report findings
Module 1: Introduction to Inquiry
View the slides at https://bretsw.com/edf5442-ss24-module1/, or scroll through below:
Module 2: Reviewing the Literature
View the slides at https://bretsw.com/edf5442-ss24-module2/, or scroll through below: